Tuesday, November 3, 2015

GIDDY




"Remember your creator in the days of your youth, before the days of trouble come and the years approach when you will say "I find no pleasure in them". Ecclesiastes 12:1

WATCHING

…effervescent young folks in the cafeteria, enchantedly chatting away on their lunch hour. One girl giddily said, "Hey, my kind of people" as she joined in on a group of girls beside my table. 
This whole scenario made me do a throwback! Was I like this when I was 14? I don’t remember! Awww, was it that long ago? Haist!

On one hand, I hope I wasn't coz it can be quite embarrassing! On the other hand, I hope I was, coz they’re really nice to watch. Unrestrained. Unabashed. Unconventional. And mind you, not at all bothered or intimidated by the serious dame beside them trying to eat her lunch while working on a task on her phone (yah yah yah, that would be me). Or maybe they just didn't care.

THINKING

...where did all my own giddiness go?
...that when we get older the realities of life begin to become heavier and harsher. It puts a lid on our giddiness. By the time we are 40...ish, it can weigh us down...a lot. 
So we laugh less. We frown more.
We spend less time admiring the mundane, but spend more overthinking it.
We turn down opportunities to enjoy the moment and bury yourself instead in maximizing the moment.
We are suspicious, instead of open.
We spend Saturdays catching up on laundry, instead of catching up on life.
We are tired, instead of lively.
Sigh. Where did all the giddiness go?

Then the young boys across the aisle giggled (yeah, boys giggle!).

Enjoy the moment young 'uns. Enjoy your youth. And don't let the cares of the world take away your laughter. Take it along with you in your journey toward maturity.

THANKING

…God for moments like this when when we are about your usual routine and then He throws in a
pinch of humour in our direction to remind us what LIFE it is all about.
It is all about enjoying His presence and His creation. It is about enjoying the moment.




No comments:

Post a Comment